Saturday 1 February 2014

Giving is a gift

Prior to the closing of school for the Christmas holidays, many of our students spoke of the things they wanted for Christmas. However, for many of them something as simple as a Christmas meal was an uncertain thing. One day someone during the Christmas season some one blessed me with a $100 as a thank you. When you look at $100 it in reality doesn't buy much. A bottle of perfume, make up or shoes maybe. Immediately I decided to use the money to purchase a few food items for a particular family. I then asked my Facebook friends to join me in spreading this Christmas cheer. Well let me just say, the support from my FB friends was just amazing. There were calls and messages coming out of the wood work from those wanted to donate. God is a good God and I believe he always sets us up with the people we need to do his will. Needless to say we ended up helping 5 families all of which had children living in the homes. It was such a great moment to see the joy on the kids faces when they saw the delicious treats. I strongly believe in giving back, because we are blessed to be a blessing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment